About the Job: Safety Officer: We seek a highly proactive and dedicated safety officer to join our team at BHIVE Workspace.
As a safety officer, you will establish and maintain a culture of safety excellence and safeguard compliance with all relevant regulations and standards. This comprises implementing effective safety programs and protocols and ensuring the availability and usability of safety equipment. You will promptly respond to employee safety concerns, provide guidance and support in resolving issues and improve overall safety performance.
If you possess a thorough understanding of safety practices and safety management skills, we look forward to your application. We provide attractive remuneration packages alongside a supportive work environment and abundant opportunities for professional growth.
What you’ll do (Key deliverables)
- Developing and implementing safety policies, procedures, and guidelines in line with local laws and regulations.
- Ensuring the highest safety compliance standards and a healthy work setting for staff, visitors and vendors.
- Monitoring and staying updated on safety regulations, codes and standards applicable to the industry.
- Supporting emergency preparedness and response efforts, including developing evacuation plans and procedures.
- Investigating accidents, incidents and near-miss events to determine root causes and implementing corrective measures to prevent a recurrence.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to promote safety initiatives and ensure the integration of safety practices into daily operations.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication channels with external organisations, such as government bodies, safety organisations and insurance companies.
What you’ll bring (Key competencies and skills)
- Develop, implement and maintain strategies, plans and procedures to protect employees, property and facilities from workplace health and safety hazards.
- Assess workplace hazards and risks and recommend appropriate measures to mitigate them.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to identify potential safety issues and ensure compliance with established safety protocols.
- Investigate incidents and accidents, determine root causes and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Provide regular safety training sessions and organise impactful safety campaigns to promote awareness.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for safety inspections, incidents and training.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of safety strategies, plans and procedures, and adjust as needed.
- Provide guidance and support to management and employees on safety-related matters.
- Stay updated about emerging safety trends, regulations and best practices to ensure continuous improvement.
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a safety-related role, preferably in an Indian context.
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) certification or Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS).
- Proficiency in safety auditing, inspection and identifying hazards.
- Well-versed in creating emergency response plans tailored to various scenarios.
- Familiar with compliance with OSHA standards and other relevant safety regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of safety regulations, standards and best practices.
- Expertise in using and maintaining safety equipment like fire extinguishers, eye protection and hazardous material protection.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and mitigate potential risks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees at all levels.
- Attention to detail and the ability to enforce safety procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of Indian safety laws and regulations applicable to the industry.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Professional certifications, like NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health), IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health), or equivalent.
- Knowledge of emergency response and crisis management.
- Experience in managing safety in diverse work environments.
- A valid driving licence and knowledge of first-aid techniques.